Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Common - Universal Mind Control

Common's new album in my opinion is a little weird. Its cool that the hip-hop r&b world is pushing toward the "electronic" side, trying to change things up a little bit. But... sometimes they just don't do it right and it ends up sounding cheesy to me. for example, 808's and Heartbreaks, Not feeling it. But I doooooo love Universal Mind Control, the title song of Common's album. I think that may be the only song I like on the album actually. I dunno sometimes i don't give albums enough chance before I judge. Maybe if I listen to it more it will grow on me.

************************UPDATE**************************
Been listening to it more and there are a couple more songs I like. Punch Drunk Love being one of them. Still I think some are silly.

2 comments:

  1. I don't care for the title track, but Punch Drunk Love is the JAM!!!! There's a go-go remix that's playing here in DC, and it is FI-YAH!!!

    ReplyDelete